TEO Is Bringing Esports Business to the Big Apple With Its HIVE Conference
The Esports Observer recently launched into the B2B events space, and is preparing to launch the pilot in our HIVE conference series. The first iteration will be located in the thriving esports hub of New York City on September 28, 2018.
The Esports Observer has set out to create a business conference dedicated to sharing knowledge and fostering the growth of esports. HIVE has its finger on the pulse of esports business, and with ESL One New York taking place after the conference, we are able to merge esports business and a competition experience of the highest quality.
We won’t be rehashing the same tired esports discussions about brands, finding ROI, or whether X game is the next big thing. We want to go deeper and provide genuine insight for our attendees.
The topics to be featured at the first HIVE conference, among others, include:
- Is Esports Going Pay-Per-View?: There were eight exclusive esports media rights deals made in Q1 2018. What are the implications of them? Is there still a place for esports on linear TV, and is esports the key for social media networks to build their livestreaming verticals?
- Emerging Markets – What’s Next?: The U.S., China, and Europe still hold the largest pieces of the esports pie, but there are newcomers on the horizon. Why is India seeing such a sudden investment interest? Why are non-endemic brands more active in regions such as China and Southeast Asia?
- How to Run an Esports Event?: We rarely hear from those overseeing the production and logistics of esports competitions. How does the Polish technical/design company ARAM build all of ESL’s iconic esports stages? What is convincing major sports stadium owners to invest in esports?
The confirmed speakers, to date, include:
- Rohit Gupta — Partner at Sterling.VC
- Stephen Hayes — Managing partner of Deep Space Ventures
- Jens Hilgers (keynote) — CEO of DOJO MADNESS, co-founder of ESL, and founding partner of BITKRAFT Esports Ventures.
- Jonathan Lai — Director, investments and business development at Tencent
- Adam Marsh — Technology finance at Huntington National Bank
- Rafal Mryzglocki — CEO of ARAM
- Akshat Rathee — Managing Director at NODWIN Gaming
- Keith Sheldon — Executive VP of Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment
Over the last few years, The Esports Observer has established itself as a leading source for esports business news and insight. HIVE will likewise be an essential event for esports business, with seasoned industry professionals, discussions about the most relevant topics, and plenty of chances to network and build relationships for future business.
- HIVE // New York will take place on September 28, 2018.
- The first 50 attendees who sign up will receive an early bird discount!
- Every attendee to HIVE will receive two weekend tickets to ESL One New York.
- For more information regarding the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to become a sponsor for HIVE // New York 2018? Please email email@example.com
Other blog posts from the same category.
We provide business oriented transversal advisory services
At each stage from pre-regulatory work to post acquisition or partnership integration and towards industry game-changing innovations and technologies. Our expertise and network allow us to form ad hoc teams to meet each project challenges and achieve success.
Our organization relies on four axles: Reliance, Alliance, Convergence, Transformance.